Town Centre Newsletter No.4
Temporary Hibberson Street Closure Update
This newsletter serves as a reminder to previous correspondence issued to all key stakeholders within the Gungahlin Town Centre about current changes in place due to the construction of the Hibberson Street underground link. This link will provide a convenient connection between the new 2-level, 505 space undercover carpark to the existing Big W basement car park when the new carpark opens in mid-2016.
Construction of the vehicular link is progressing well and we are on track to re-open Hibberson Street in 4 weeks.
The following key changes will remain in place until Hibberson Street re-opens on Tuesday 8 December:
- - Hibberson Street closure to vehicular traffic from Gozzard Street to the pedestrian crossing between Woolworths and Big W malls
- - The U-turning bay on Hibberson Street near the pedestrian crossing to allow vehicular traffic travelling west along Hibberson Street to make a U-turn
- Current traffic detours around the Town Centre
- - Hibberson Street closure to pedestrian traffic within the site compound area. Pedestrians are being redirected via The Marketplace Big W mall (through the new entry and the existing main entry) between 5:30am to 12:30am midnight, 7 days per week
- - The temporary Town Centre Bus Stop on Gozzard Street near the Raiders Club.
Please Note: - Within the Big W mall there is no lift access to Hibberson Street until Hibberson Street re-opens (lift access to Level 1 and the basement car park is still available). If access to street level is required the lift can still be utilised, however customers will need to go to the Lower Ground Level of the Shopping Centre (underground car park), then take the travelator (moving walkway) or the pedestrian ramp to come back up into the mall.
READ THE FULL NEWSLETTER (including pictures)